Monday, February 6, 2017

EXCLUSIVE: My Experience at the Fifty Shades Darker LA Premiere

Here is my full experience from the Fifty Shades Darker Masquerade Ball and Premiere. 
On February 1st a package from Official Fifty arrived at my hotel. It was an amazing way to start my trip!
The next morning my best friend, Cristine, and I went to check out the premiere area since it was close to where we were staying. These were taken while they were setting up.
Cristine and I were running a bit late thanks to traffic and getting our hair done taking longer than expected but we managed to make it just in time!
Upon entering the masquerade we were greeted by two rows of men each with a tray of food or drinks in their hands.
The venue was HUGE and just stunning. 
All around there was food ranging from a buffet, to finger foods to tables with desserts.
There were stands with free lipstick which I would highly recommend because the ones I got were so nice.
There were even magicians!
I hanged out with some fellow fifty fans. @50shadesgirlpdx @MsJoy8710 @NikkiG26 @ItsMandy_ish
I finally got to meet the lovely @DCfilmgirl and her husband @KevinMcCarthyTV
They had a Virtual Reality Experience where you get to walk through the masquerade ball from the film. There was also a 360 photo stand.
Jose James who performs at the masquerade in the film also performed live at the ball.
Eric Johnson showed up to surprise fans.
Dana Brunetti was at the ball with his girlfriend Alexandra Pakzad. I'd been by the stage but decided to go get something to eat. That's when I saw Dana. It was only about a minute before Dakota, Jamie, Erika and James went on stage so sadly my spot was gone because everyone rushed to see them but I got to talk to Dana, who was super sweet and helped me because I'd accidentally dropped some of my things.  I could see everyone on stage but sadly didn't get the best photo. I at least got to take one with Dana who was as nice as the last time I'd spoken to him.
After they left the stage we were all taken in shuttles over to the theater. It was gorgeous.
A few rows in front of me I noticed was Kim Basinger. No one was around her and she seemed like she'd just arrived. I decided to approach her. I said hi and told her how beautiful she looked. Her face lit up and she thanked me. I asked her if we could take a photo and she seemed generally surprised that I wanted one. She wrapped her arm around me and we took them and I thanked her and told her I was so excited to see her as Elena and she called me dear and told me she hoped I enjoyed the movie. 
Just as I was walking away I noticed Noah Cyrus was sitting near the front row. I approached her and we spoke about Fifty Shades since I know she's been a fan of the story and she told me she loved and wanted my dress. She was very sweet and so easy to talk to.
Only about a minute later did I see Robinne Lee walk in. She and I had been planning to meet at the ball but sadly she wasn't able to make it in time for it. But when I spotted her at the theater I went up to her and when she saw it was me she gave me a big hug. It was incredible getting to finally talk to her face to face after talking so many times over Twitter. 
Just as the theater was starting to fill up and people were being told to go to their seats Victor Rasuk appeared with a giant smile on his face. He was surrounded by fans and took the time to talk to and take photos with all of them. Below is a photo I got of him with @LatersBabyFR
The workers became more persistent on people going to their seats. I was about to go until I noticed Victor was alone now so I quickly went up to him and asked if we could take a photo. He said, "Of course! Get in here." and pulled me to him. He insisted I take the photo from a high angle. He was so funny and nice. (Sorry if the photo looks odd, my friend wanted to be cropped out.)
I also briefly spoke to Ashleigh LaThrop right after who was also very nice and bubbly. 
We all had to take our seats. Erika, James, Dakota and Jamie all took the stage and right after they left the film began.
When it was all over a bunch of us went to the grey carpet to check it out. I was interviewed on my thoughts on the film and its story for a bit and then got to take photos there.
Overall it was an incredible experience. I got to meet so many fellow Fifty Fans and followers of my site face to face and be surrounded by people who love the same story I do. I am so grateful to have been a part of it all and I'll never forget it. The film was so good and I can't wait for its release so we can all gush over it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment